SWG and FAO organized a serial of First National Networking Workshops for their joint Project entitled:”Streamlining of agriculture and rural development policies of SEE countries for EU accession”.
The aim of the First National Networking Workshops was to introduce the participants with the project objectives and to discuss and agree on the project implementation issues. The workshop objective was to discuss the current situation in the participating countries (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo*, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia), related to alignment with EU policy and policy reforms in SEE countries.
The Workshops were held as a serial by country groups and took part as follows:
– From the 7th to the 8th of February 2013 in Dures, Albania (for participants from Albania and Kosovo*);
– From the 11th to the 12th of February 2013 in Milocer, Montenegro (for participants from Macedonia and Montenegro), and
– From the 14th to the 15th of February 2013 in Bosnia and Herzegovina (for participants from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia and Serbia)
Selected representatives of the Ministries, representatives of the NGO-s and experts for Analysis of Agricultural Policies (who are already included in this project) participated on the 1st National Networking Workshops and discussed the following topics:
- Introduction to the project concept and expected outputs
- Presentation of proposed networking and cooperation campaign
- Alignment with EU policy and policy reforms in SEE countries
- Monitoring of agricultural policy – country agricultural statistics
- Cooperation between policy makers and academic institution to support the policy evaluation and programming
All the details related to each of the three National Networking WS-s can be found here:
[hr style=double-line margin_top= margin_bottom=]
* “This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.”